Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'M TIRED!

It is not my labor nor burden that tires me.  It cannot be many miles on the streets visiting; nor is it the tracts offered the many inhabitants for my city.

It is not the number of services at the church, nor the time spent in prayer that tires me.  "Then what tires you?"  I'm glad you asked!

I'm tired of arriving at church twenty to thirty minutes early to pray and find that others are only interested in personal conversation which disturbs all others with dissimilar desires.

I'm tired of sifting through three songs, prayer requests, testimony service, preaching, dismissal and leaving church without anyone being moved to salvation.

I'm tired of hearing professional-type singers  singing so-called gospel music to the beat of the dance floors. I'm tired of those same singers and musicians smugly going through their paces asd if they were giving a concert at Carnegie Hall.


I'm tired of preachers preaching to new visitors as if they had just turned God down for the twentieth time. I'm tired of those same sinners leaving church thinking that "If that is what church consists of, then I don't want any part of it."

I'm tired of narrow minded people "setting holiness standards" for themselves and expecting the whole world to beat a path to their door to emulate that narrow-mindedness.  

I'm tired of church cliques among saints as well as preachers.

I'm tired of priorities of God bieng altered to meet teh egos of individuals.

I'm tired of shepherds who drive instead of lead.  I'm tired of sheep who bleat when led.

I'm tired of evangelists being treated like outsiders when they are giving their very lives to help revive the church they are visiting. 

I'm tired of the pulpit being used to strike out at anyone who does not beleive every idea that is handed out.

I'm tired of laziness during songs of praise and worship.

I'm tired of Satan  manifesting himself openly and Christians having little power to do anything about it.

I'm tired of my inspiration being dragged down by despairing, faithless Christians.

I'm tired of people giving and later wishing they had their offering back to buy a hamburger.

I'm tired of the concept, "I am always right and that makes you always wrong."

I'm tired of sin creeping subtly in to the church.  

I'm tired of the church creeping subtly into the world.

I'm tired of sinners walking the streets without every hearing a sermon, listening to the gospel or being offered a tract.

I realize I will never be able to change all that nees to be changed, but I will not rest until some effort is made.  I expect to be "tired" a long time, but some things are worth being tired over.

I am Pastor B.D Bates, and I'm a tired Christian!  (REPRINTED)


I thought you would like to read this information.  I received it years ago.  It has a great message.  If you see yourself in any of these situations, remember that you are not alone. But we must not stay "tired" of doing God's work.  There is a job to be completed by each one of us.  

Read these over carefully and see where you fit in.  If you see yourself being part of the problem, I have a God that is big enough and great enough to meet every need and to turn you around.  If you see yourself as part of the solution, then we must all come together in unity.  Continue to pray, read God's Word and seek His face (2 Chronicles 7:14).

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray 


Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward a link or use the icons below to repost this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment