Wednesday, June 19, 2013

THE TIME FOR CHANGE HAS ARRIVED

This past Sunday morning at the conclusion of our church service, I announced my retirement from pastoral ministry.  My wife, Cindy, and I have served at this local country church for five years.  For the most part, our time here has been enjoyable.  We know God put us here and we know He's leading us out.  We sincerely love the people in this local assembly.  They are precious to us.  However, when God says it's time to go, it's time to go.

With a little thought I could come up with some logical reasons as to why we are leaving.  But really the bottom line is God is leading us out.  Nothing more needs to be added to that.  We know God has a plan for us and we are following His plan and purpose for our lives.  Doors have been opening rapidly for our country/southern gospel music group, New Jerusalem Singers.  Recently we have sang in unusual places.  For example a rib shack one day and a coffee shop the next.  Of course, we do sing in organized churches, as well.  We will go and lift up Jesus and encourage God's people anywhere He opens a door for us to do so.  This looks to be a great year for singing.

I have written in this blog over the past year some of my thoughts about church and what it means - or should mean - based on God's Word.  Church is not something you go to, but rather something you are.  It's is certainly important to for us to gather with God's people, but it need not be at a church building like we think of it today.  We can gather with a group or with just two or three.  We know Jesus will be there either way as long as we give Him place in our gathering.  It can be outside in a park, a church building, on someone's front porch, on a deck, in a boat, in a pavilion, in a living room or anywhere else.  

You see, God is not limited!  It is man who limits God with our narrow thinking.  Too often, we have preconceived notions of what God wants, how God moves or how He meets with us. We need to throw those preconceived notions out and  step outside the box of organized religion and just see what God will really do. 

We plan on doing just that as we have opportunity.  Some will, no doubt, think we've "lost it".  Some may even thing we are drifting away from God.  Let me assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. Cindy and I are both excited to see what God has in store for us as we pursue Him with a passion!

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray


Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward a link or use the icons below to repost this blog.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see someone else who "thinks outside the box". I agree that church is not a place but a heartfelt leading. And I know that Derek also shares my views on this. WHile i do still feel the urgings to "belong" to a fellowship the older I ge the more I realize the God is with me every step of every day and I am learning to accept the He is enough. May He continue to oen doors and throw out the "rules" for you and Cindy in your new adventures! Love you both! ~DonnaMarie

    ReplyDelete