Friday, October 16, 2020

My Foot Is On The Rock!

 A number of years ago there was a popular southern gospel song. While I do not remember who sang it or even the words or tune to the song I do remember a line that I believe was the main thought behind the song. That line is, "My foot's on the Rock and my mind's made up!"

As that line just came to me as I begin writing this blog post a passage of Scripture came to me, as well. It is a psalm of David. It reads like this:

Psalm 40:1-3 CSB - I waited patiently on the Lord, and he turned to me and heard my cry for help. He brought me up from a desolate pit, out of the muddy clay, and set my feet on a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and they will trust in the Lord.

Life is full of twists and turns. Oftentimes things take us by surprise. I'm thankful to know that God is never taken by surprise. We can cry out to God in our despair and He will hear us. Here's the kicker though - we must wait patiently on Him. Quite honestly that is a "p" word we don't like. Patience can be a difficult thing for us to learn. I wonder if we face the things we face and go through some of the things we go through, in part, to learn patience. We know God is faithful to us. We know He is well aware of where we are and what is going on in our lives. He also knows each of us need to learn patience and we all learn in different ways. 

God will bring us up out of the pit of sin and set our feet on the Rock! Folks, you can't get any more secure than that. Of course, we know that Rock is Jesus!

After learning the lesson of patience, after having been pulled from the pit and set on the solid Rock you can't help but have a song of praise in your heart. David said God would put a new song in our mouth. 

Another benefit of all these things is that others will see and trust in God. Think about that the next time you are going through something. Others may be watching to see how you respond to what you are going through. Our responses are important. If they see us respond with our focus on Jesus and see how God brings you through it they are going to want what you have. What a great opportunity to share your faith with them. 

If, on the other hand, you have a "woe is me" attitude and you gripe and grumble...well, who is going to want that? More than likely that is how they would respond anyway. 

We need to make sure our foot is on the Rock and our mind is made up that no matter what we face we are going to serve God. No matter how long you are going through the problems you are facing you have a made up mind that you are going to serve God. Even if God doesn't respond to you the way you think He should...you have a made up mind that you are going to serve Him no matter what. That is what we need today.

No matter where you are - no matter what you are facing - no matter what you are going through stay determined. Stand and say, "My foot's on the Rock and my mind's made up!" 

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment