Friday, December 4, 2020

Santa’s Prayer

Many of you may know that I am Santa Claus during the Christmas season. I love doing what I do. The excitement and joy that I am able to bring to children, as well as adults, is humbling. 

For those who may disagree with me doing this please don’t bother to send me messages telling me how wrong I am. They will fall on deaf ears  

I do know and acknowledge the true meaning for this season. Jesus was born of a virgin to enter this world. While He had an impact in His earthly ministry, His ultimate purpose for taking the physical form of a human was to die for the sins of the world.  

As Santa, I often have the opportunity to share the true meaning of Christmas. What a joy this is. Who better to tell the true story of Christmas than Santa? The children listen to Santa. I share the story in an interactive way getting them involved.

I have always liked the picture of Santa kneeling before baby Jesus. It gives it perspective for me.

Today, a friend posted on another social media site the picture below along with Santa’s Prayer. I think that sums things up very well. I pray it blesses you.

Let’s keep the Main Thing the main thing not only at Christmas time but all year long. 





Santa’s prayer.... ❤️ ❤️

My dear precious Jesus, I did not mean to take your place,

I only bring toys and things and you bring love and grace.

People give me lists of wishes and hope that they came true;

But you hear prayers of the heart and promise your will to do.

Children try to be good and not to cry when I am coming to town;

But you love them unconditionally and that love will abound.

I leave only a bag of toys and temporary joy for a season;

But you leave a heart of love, full of purpose and reasons.

I have a lot of believers and what one might call fame;

But I never healed the blind or tried to help the lame.

I have rosy cheeks and a voice full of laughter;

But no nail—scarred hands or a promise of the hereafter.

You may find several of me in town or at a mall;

But there is only one omnipotent you, to answer a sinner’s call.

And so, my dear precious Jesus, I kneel here to pray;

To worship and adore you on this, your holy birthday.






Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment