Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MY ASSESSMENT

Here in the United States we just completed an election cycle.  As is often the case over the last few years it was a divisive campaign.  Based on the voting totals across the country it's safe to say the United States is a divided nation.  The two major parties have had little good to say about one another over the course of the last few months.  

With the elections behind us, the bitterness continues.  To hear some talk, they literally hate one another.  Emotions are high.  Some believe, based on the outcome, that America is headed for decimation.  Some have called for or see in the future God's judgement on our nation.

While this is not a political blog, I would like to give my assessment.  Yes, I did cast my ballot and exercise my right to vote.  

First of all, I woke up this morning to the wonderful fact that GOD IS STILL GOD!  He wasn't up for re-election.  He has been and always will be God no matter who is in the White House.  I find great peace in that knowledge.

Secondly, JESUS IS STILL LORD and He's sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.  There is no politician or government official that I would want pleading my case for me.  That's the job of Jesus and He does it so well.  What a thrill it is to know He's still on the throne as my intercessorer.  

Thirdly, the HOLY SPIRIT IS STILL IN THE EARTH LEADING, GUIDING, BAPTIZING AND EMPOWERING BELIEVERS.  How awesome is that?  Jesus promised He would send the Holy Spirit...and He did!  The Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost and He's been here ever since.  He takes up residence within each believer.  God has equipped us to win!

Fourth, the BIBLE IS STILL THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD!  Within it's pages we find answers that allude us when we look elsewhere.  God speaks to us through His Word.  The Bible is a written account of God's faithfulness to His people through the years.  Truth is found within it's pages.

We've all heard and seen the various political ads.  Unlike political campaign promises, Jesus fulfills His promises!   God is a God of His word! 

Like the old hymn says, "This world is not my home I'm just a passing through..."  That's the way I see it.  As believers, we are in the world, but not of it.  We are ambassadors for God here on earth.  My home is in heaven.   So is yours if you are a believer.

Let's not get all wrapped up in the hype of what is going on here on earth.  Instead, let's pray for our leaders as the Scripture says we are to do.  Let's pray for God's direction and for God to lead them.  And let's do our part to lead others to Jesus.  That's the most important thing we can do.

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward a link or use the icons below to repost this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment