Monday, March 13, 2017

ENCOURAGE SOMEONE TODAY

I want to take a moment to encourage everyone to be an encourager to someone else. You never know who God might send across your path and what that person may be facing in their life at this particular time.

I have a good friend I have known for somewhere around twenty years. He lives in another state so we don't have the opportunity to see or spend time with each other often.  Most recently, it had been some three years since he and his wife and Cindy and I were able to spend any time together and then it was a brief time. The neat thing about this is that even after three years without seeing each other and very few phone calls, when we were together it was as if we had just seen each other the day before. We had the joy of spending several hours of several days with them last week. It was wonderful fellowship. Of course, there was eating involved. Eating is always a big thing on my agenda!  Ha. Ha.

This trip was a spur of the moment trip. It was nothing we had planned even a few short weeks ago. However, the time was right, everything fell into place and they were going to be home so we planned his trip in a matter of days. Guess what? God was in this trip! I love it when God puts things together!

We were able to sit and visit and he shared with us some things he and his wife were recently discussing in regards to expanding the ministry God has given them.  One involved needing a piece of equipment for his radio broadcasts. As it turned out, we had the exact equipment he needed. I purchased this a few years ago and have never used it. As it turns out, it wouldn't work for what I was hoping to use it for.  I was able to pass this piece of equipment on to him for use in the ministry. Is that God or what?

In addition to that, he mentioned some other things he desired to do but had no idea how to go about doing it. Cindy had the knowledge to do that and to help instruct them on what to do and how to do it. So now, this brother not only has the equipment he was praying about for his radio broadcasts, he now has a website along with a You Tube channel.

The next thing was obtaining a video camera for him to use to upload videos to You Tube that he wants to record. We put the word out on Facebook and before we returned from that trip my brother-in-law replied that he had a video camera that he would donate.

My friend was so excited he made arrangements to come up to our place Saturday afternoon to pick up everything. He was amazed and thrilled to see how God had met his needs. Again, I absolutely love how God does this!

He and his wife stayed over and I asked them to sing Sunday morning at church and he preached, as well.

I said all that to say this, God used us to be an encouragement to him and his wife. It reignited a fire in him. He is excited and can't wait to get to work.  We stand ready to encourage him and offer support to him in any way.

Another thing happened as a result of this trip. It reignited something in me, as well. I haven't been blogging much.  That's going to change. I have completely revamped my personal website that the Lord led be to set up back in 2012. I am in the process of updating it. I have felt led to start a podcast for a number of years but up to this point I have not yet done so. That is going to change. I will be looking in to information on how to do that. I will be setting up a personal You Tube channel that will not only have preaching on it, but will include other things such as interviews along with other thoughts and teachings that I have.
This is a new day. We must be about our Father's business.  Stay tuned!

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray


Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward a link or use the icons below to repost this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment