Monday, March 27, 2017

I LOVE MY CHURCH FAMILY!

I love my church family.  I enjoy spending time with them.  We actually enjoy spending time with one another. We enjoy our times of fellowship. I say that from the depths of my heart.

My church  family is a very diverse group of people.  They range from people my age (mid 50's) to people in their 80's. We come from different backgrounds and have had different upbringings. Most are retired but some still work.  They have varying talents and abilities from singing, teaching, cleaning, mowing the church yard, taking care of maintenance issues, changing light bulbs, working in the kitchen, planning, praying and really whatever else needs to be done.

Some have funny personalities, some are serious most of the time. Some can sometimes pull a prank on you. Some have a very dry sense of humor. Some it's hard to tell, by their facial expression, if they are joking or not.

We come in various shapes and sizes from tall to short, from skinny to, well, uh....let's say not so skinny. (I fall under that category).

The one thing we have in common - the one common denominator we have is JESUS! If it weren't for Jesus most of us wouldn't be around each other. In fact, most of us wouldn't even know each other. You see, we are family. The blood of Jesus makes us family. I like that old chorus:

Oh, yes, Oh, yes, I'm a child of the King,
His royal blood now flows through my veins;
And I who was wretched and poor now can sing,
Praise God! Praise God! I'm a child of the King!

Because we are blood bought born again children of God, because we are joint-heirs with Jesus, it causes us to love one another! Are we perfect? Not at all.  Not a one of us is perfect, especially me. You see, I'm one of those Christians who knows and freely acknowledges I NEED JESUS! I need Him every day and every hour. We're not perfect, just forgiven.

When our church family gathers together, we laugh, we share, we enjoy the presence of Jesus, we hear the Word and hopefully, we leave with a nugget to chew on until our next encounter.

By the way, we don't only gather in a church building. We may share some fellowship in someone's home, we may share fellowship around a meal in a restaurant. You certainly don't have to be in a building to have fellowship with the family of God.

I trust you love your church family, as well. Spend time with them. Get to know them. After all, if they are born again, blood bought children of God they are going to spend eternity in heaven.

For those in my church family - you think I'm loud down here...you ain't seen nothing yet!

Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment