Friday, May 15, 2020

Run YOUR Race

How often have others come to you and told you how they think you should run your race or live your Christian life? Sometimes they are sincere in their thoughts while other times they are being meddlesome busybodies who want to have some sort of sway or control over you. 


We must be mindful that God didn't call us to be them. Many years ago I wrote a song that our son sang that said in part, 

God didn't call me to be a Billy Graham
He did not not call me to be just like my dad
But since I opened up my heart and let Him come in 
He wants me to be "me" and to be "me" for Him.

You see, God wants us to continue to be who we are but to be the best "us" or "me" we can be for Him. He desires to use the personalities, qualities, traits and talents He has give us for Him and for His glory. 

Don't attempt to be someone else. Don't attempt to pattern your life after someone else. We should be looking to be like Jesus, not some other individual. 

Many will want to tell you how to live your life and what to do and how you should do it. For the new Christian I understand the need for training and discipleship. However, this discipleship training should  be limited to the Bible and spiritual growth as opposed to telling them what to do and how to do it. 

Other people's experiences will not always be what God has in mind for you. Just because God has led me one way does not mean He will lead you down the same path to do the same thing. We all have different callings and giftings that God will use as He sees fit. 

God may very well have a different path for you. As Hebrews 12:1-2 (CSB) says in part, "...Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfector of our faith."
We need to run the race that lies before us. We do that while keeping our eyes on Jesus. You won't go wrong or get off course doing this. 

Don't run someone else's race. Run your race!


Until next time...enjoy the journey!

Ray


Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment