Friday, May 21, 2021

Joy Suckers - Things

In my last blog post I talked about the various people who are joy-suckers in our lives. That is, they can suck the very joy out of our lives. The sad thing is we often give them the straw to do so. If you have not read last week’s blog post I encourage you to go back and read it. 

This week I want to address the things that suck the joy out of our lives. More than likely each of us has faced one or more of these things in our lives at one time or another. 

As depicted above I am referencing fear, anxiety, comparison, despair, discontentment, regret, worry, resentment, busyness, denial, shame, anger, frustration, exhaustion, guilt, perfectionism, depression, weariness, failure, loneliness and the list could most likely go on and on. 

To be honest, I have personally experienced most of these joy-suckers at various points in my life. Some I experienced in my youth and early adulthood. Others I experienced as I grew older. Still others I have experienced in the last few years. Some may call it “the seasons of life” but I reject that outright.

Based on my experience, there are people and situations in your life that bring these joy-suckers upon you. It often happens without you realizing it. Many of these joy-suckers are intertwined with others. Sometimes you find yourself so deep into or surrounded by these joy-suckers that it becomes your “norm”. 

I’m here to tell you that these joy-suckers don’t have to be your “norm”. You really do have a choice in this matter. Be determined. Identify the things that are sucking the joy out of your life. Take steps to banish them from your life. Some may be as simple as unlearning a habit. While some you will need to make a conscious effort to remove. Some may even need professional help to shed. The important thing to know is that help is available and you must take the first step.

Jesus saidA thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance (John 10:10 CSB).

I encourage you to remove these joy-suckers from your life and walk in the abundant life God has for you. You’ll be glad you did. 

Until next time...enjoy the journey!


Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment