Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Couple of Changes

In my last blog I mentioned that some changes were on the horizon. I want to take a moment to share a couple of changes that have been made. 

One change we have made is I have shut down my personal website that I have had for many years. We have folded the things from my personal website into our ministry site at www.newjerusalemministries.net . I would encourage you to check out our ministry website. You will find the various ministries and things we are doing at the present time. You will also find some book recommendations (Good Reads) as well as some links that will not only encourage you but may very well challenge you, as well. I hope you will check it out. 

The second change we have made is we are cutting our travel. Please note, this does not include churches or church gatherings. We have sung for decades in retirement homes, supportive living facilities, and nursing homes. Some of our travel has taken us from Central Illinois to other parts of the state. While we are still traveling to some of these distant towns to sing in these facilities, we have cut back on the number of times per year we do this.  

It's not that we don't love doing this but through the years singing 20-25 times most months has taken its toll on us physically as well as vocally. These have not been easy decisions for us to make but we do feel they are necessary ones. These are not spur of the moment decisions but rather these are decisions we have talked about, thought about and most importantly prayed about.

We have found that as we are backing off some things that other doors are opening for us. We will continue singing and serving in whatever capacity God would have us to. Nothing has changed there. 

In upcoming blog posts I will share the various aspects of ministry and service we are involved in. The future is bright, and we remain excited for what God has in store for us. 

Until next time, 

Enjoy the journey!

Ray

rayspellbrink@gmail.com

Feel free to friend me on Facebook

www.facebook.com/rayspellbrink

No comments:

Post a Comment