Friday, June 11, 2021

Don’t Compare Your Journey With Someone Else’s



Too often we gage our success or failure on others. We compare ourselves to others in various ways. We look at others and see their career paths, houses, cars, personal belongings and often think we fall short. 

The mistake we make is in comparing ourselves with others. We each have our own lives that take us on our own journey. There is no true yardstick to measure the journey we are on. 

I, personally, know folks who have little by way of material goods. They love life and enjoy their journey. On the other hand, I know folks who have everything you can imagine yet they are not truly satisfied with their journey.

It’s not about possessions. It’s not about things. It’s about the journey, itself. I am on a great journey. I have a wonderful wife who loves me in spite of my idiosyncrasies - and there are many.🙄 I have a wonderful son and daughter-in-law who have given us two wonderful grandchildren. I have a sister who loves and adores her handsome older brother.😉 I have some especially close friends who enrich my life and share my journey. My relationship with Jesus is imperative for my journey. Yes…I do enjoy my journey.

I want to encourage you not to compare yourself or your journey to others. Live your life. Walk your journey. Live life to the fullest. After all Jesus said, A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance (John 10:10 CSB). 

Walk in the abundant life God has for you. Don’t allow the thief to steal it away.

Until next time...enjoy the journey,


Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment