Friday, June 4, 2021

Don’t Quit!


Life has a way of becoming discouraging at times. Let’s face it, things happen in this life that sometimes make us want to throw up our hands and quit. It may be family, friends, problems at work or even life situations that bring this sentiment front and center.

I want you to know that quitting is not the answer. I once heard a sermon where the preacher said, “It’s always too soon to quit!”  I believe this is a good life lesson. It is certainly a good rule to live by. 

In anything worthwhile in life you will encounter obstacles. There may also be naysayers who say you can’t do it or you should just give up. Don’t give up. Keep pressing on toward your goal.

There may even be some failures along the way. If I had quit every time I failed or every time something didn’t go as planned I would never had done anything in life. 

I want to share a very profound statement with you. “The difference between success and failure is determined by what it takes to stop you.” Think about that for a bit.

I don’t believe anyone sets out to fail. Failure comes when the work is too hard, you get your eyes off the goal, things don’t go as planned and discouragement and disappointment come.

I say to you today don’t quit! Don’t quit! Don’t quit! This is good advise for both this life as well as your spiritual journey.

I want to leave you with a poem that has meant a lot to me over the years.

 



Until next time...enjoy the journey,


Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment