Friday, October 15, 2021

Don’t Look Down Your Nose At Others

Far too many people have preconceived notions of what a Christian is. They even have ideas in their minds of what a Christian should look like. Some will even take Scripture out of context and tell you what you should or should not wear. In all honesty it gets pretty ridiculous. No wonder many people want no part in what passes as “church” these days. 




We look at how a person looks in regard to their outward appearance. God looks at the heart of the person. People can dress the part. They can look holy yet be far from it on the inside - where it matters. 

I have had people say to me, “You don’t look like a preacher.” I then usually ask them, “What does a preacher look like?” That tends to throw them off guard. If they do respond, it generally has something to do with the outward appearance such as me not wearing a suit and tie. Not wearing a suit and tie is becoming more of a norm these days. For the record, I had a wide array of suits I used to wear. However, my jacket would be off before the service began and my tie would be, at the very least, undone or even off as the service progressed. I deem it to be just man-made expectations. I currently only own one suit. I call it my combination wedding/funeral suit.

Certainly we should be modest in regard to what we wear. After all we are ambassadors of God representing heaven. The Bible teaches modesty. Let me also say here if you dress up because you want to that is fine. I have no problem with that so long as you don’t think you are better than others who do not dress up.

 


Oftentimes these people who hold to these man-made rules or traditions look down their noses at those who don’t meet or measure up to their standards. 

I have no reason to look down my nose at anyone. I am but a sinner saved by God’s amazing grace. I’m thankful for Jesus’ redemptive work at Calvary. 

I pray this particular blog post gives you something to think about and consider.

Until next time...enjoy the journey,


Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com



No comments:

Post a Comment