Friday, October 29, 2021

How Not To Lose Patience

Have you ever lost your patience with others? Do you still tend to grow impatient with other people? 

Maybe it’s because of things they should or should not do. Perhaps it’s because they ask you for your advise time and time again yet they ignore it. Maybe they ask you to pray for them regarding a particular situation in their life but they do nothing to rectify it.

Maybe you feel like you are at your wit’s end with them. You are frustrated. You are ready to give up on them. Perhaps you even want to give them “what for”. 

When you are about to lose all patience with people like this stop and take a step back. Consider how patient God has been with you. God shows great restraint and patience with each of us. Sometimes He even sends very patient people into our lives to help us get on track. That’s love! 

Perhaps consider if you had to put up with some of the things you have done just how patient would you be with yourself? Yikes! When I think about that I cringe. You see, I know me. I realize just how impatient I have been with others. Sometimes I still catch myself being impatient. There are times others point my impatience out to me. 

We should be grateful and thankful that God loves us unconditionally. He wants what is best for us. By the way, patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit that should be prevalent in the life of the believer (Galatians 5:22-23). 

Anything worthwhile takes effort. If patience is a problem in your your life pray and ask God to work on that in your life. Be prepared. He will work on helping you become patient.

Until next time...enjoy the journey,


Ray

Thanks for taking your time to read and share this blog. If you know of someone who would be encouraged by this blog, please feel free to forward  a link or use the icons below to repost or forward this blog.

Check out my website at www.rayspellbrink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment