Friday, February 17, 2012

CALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY

When I arrived for Bible study and prayer on Wednesday evening I found a stack for papers on my desk in the office at the church.  One of the ladies who had come to help set up the new library at the church had brought in some things she thought I would like and perhaps could use at some point.  My blog for today is one of these items.

This piece was written by an NCO, and submitted to this unknown (to me) publication by Chaplain Doug Sullivan, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota.

I believe this is excellent and quite self explanatory.

I am a soldier in the army of God, 
The Lord Jesus is my Commanding Officer, 
The Holy Bible is my Code of Conduct;  
Faith, prayer and the Word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience,
tried by adversity and tested by fire.
I am a volunteer in His army and I am enlisted for eternity,
I will either retire in His army at the Rapture or die in His army,
But I will not get out, sell out, or be talked out or pushed out!

I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable.
If God needs me, I am there.
If He needs me in Sunday School to teach children, 
work with the youth, help adults, or just sit and learn,
He can use me because I am there.

No one has to cuddle me, cradle me, or cater to me.
I am committed.  I cannot have my feelings
hurt badly enough to turn me aside, 
I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.

When God called me into His army, I had nothing.
If I end up with nothing, I will still win!
My God will supply all my need, 
I am more than a conqueror, 
I will always triumph, I can do all things through Christ!

The devil cannot defeat me.  People cannot
disillusion me,
Weather cannot weary me, 
Sickness cannot stop me, 
Battles cannot beat me, 
Money cannot buy me, 
Governments cannot silence me and
Hell cannot handle me!
I am a soldier!  Even death cannot destroy me, 
For when my Commander calls me from this battle field,
He will promote me to captain and then
bring me back to rule this world with Him.

I am a soldier in God's army, and I'm
marching claiming victory!
I will not give up, 
I will not turn around, 
I am a soldier, marching heaven bound, 
Here I stand.
Will you stand with me?

Do you know that...
If you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, 
You've already enlisted.
The question is:  ARE YOU...

...ACTIVE DUTY - serving the Lord faithfully each day on duty 24/7?
...RESERVE STATUS - serving only when called upon or twice a year at Christmas and Easter?
...GUARD STATUS - backing up the active duty group
...AWOL - Absent Without the Lord?   

What is your status with God today?  I encourage you to get on ACTIVE DUTY today!  There's nothing like faithful service to the King of Kings!

Until next time, enjoy the journey!

Ray

NOTE:  If this blog is a blessing to you why not share with others?  Tell others about this blog.  Let's get the word out.  Feel free to share it on Twitter, Facebook or send the link out to anyone you think may be encouraged or challenged by the thoughts contained herein.   

No comments:

Post a Comment